16 July, 2021
Wuhlf 960 Mulcher
|The Wuhlf 960 Mulcher
Wuhlf Equipment's 960 wheeled mulcher is entering the forestry landscape slowly but surely. The company, Wuhlf Equipment, which manufactures forklifts, front end loaders and a range of attachments was started by brothers Johan and Carl Grobler back in 2004. Eight years ago they started researching and manufacturing mulchers. Their first mulchers were 74Kw machines with a blade mulcher but they soon realized there was a greater demand for larger more powerful machines with a drum mulcher.
Over time, and a few models later, they developed the Wuhlf 960 wheeled mulcher with an 276Kw engine and a 2.5 meter drum mulcher. The Wuhlf 960 is suitable for large-scale deforestation, clearing bush, mulching post-harvest residues, and preparing old plantations for new plantings.
When compared with current machines in the forestry industry, imported from America and Europe, the 960 compares excellently. Being locally manufactured in Pretoria, to suit the African landscape, these machines sell for 50% less than their comparable imported machines with technical assistance, spares and maintenance readily available.
The Wuhlf 960 offers excellent value for money, durability, reliability, and productivity!
The full specifications for the 960 mulcher:
- Weight: 19.1 Ton
- Height: 3700mm
- Width: 3050mm
- Length: 8000mm
- Tyres: 23.5-25
- Travelling speed; 25km/hr
- Engine: WD12G375E211 - 276KW - 2200r/min
- General Working pump: 50cc gear pump 180 Bar
- Mulcher Pump: Danfoss 100cc variable displacement pump 350 Bar
- Mulcher Motors: 2x 160cc variable displacement motors.
- Drive train: Hydrostatic drive through transfer box. Permanent 4 wheel drive.
- Drive train Pump: Danfoss 75cc variable displacement pump 350 Bar.
- Drive train motor: 107cc variable displacement motor.
- Steering: Articulated steering with 2x steering cylinders controlled by orbital valve.