29 October, 2013
Invitation: ICFR Zululand Regional Field Day
This is an invitation to our last field day for the year, which will be held at Dukuduku Village Hall, St Lucia Plantation, SiyaQhubeka on Tuesday 12 November.
programme for this event is attached. As for all ICFR field days, this
event is open to anyone in the Industry interested in attending.
- Research challenges and opportunities facing the Industry
- Harvesting-silviculture interface with reference to manual and mechanised operations
- The application of precision forestry in the integration of harvesting and silviculture
- The interaction between aspect, border trees and number of stems left on E. grandis x E. camaldulensis stumps
- Coppice management for multiple use
- Fast forwarding nutrient loss to the threshold of soil nutrient depletion
- Potential benefits from the use of Controlled-release fertilizers on eucalypts in Zululand
- Development and release of Cleruchoides for the biological control of Thaumastocoris peregrinus
- Update on the Eucalyptus rust situation and the patch die-back
- Towards understanding the impact of insect pests on eucalypt productivity
pass the invitation onto your colleagues who may be interested in
attending, especially anyone in your companies in the area, who may not
be on this mailing list.
For catering purposes, please reply to Sidhika Naidoo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (033) 386 2314 by 8 November latest.
Download the PDF document: Programme
Sally J Upfold (MSc)
Institute for Commercial Forestry Research (ICFR)
Tel: +27 - 33 - 386 2314
Fax: +27 - 33 - 386 8905